The on ice portion of camp will consist of instruction on all of the fundamental skills in addition to age-appropriate concepts tailored to all three age groups. Each player will be trained in forward and backward skating (focusing on balance, agility, edges, turning and acceleration), puck handling, playmaking, scoring, and defense. In this high-tempo four-day camp, all players will be able to improve upon these individual and team skills through structured drills, small-area stations and mini games.
Each session will be led by one or more members of our experienced head coaches, including Megan Keller, goalie coach Brittany Ott, Kristi Zink, Lexie Tzafaroglou, Carrie Aprik, Makenna Newkirk and Kirsten Padalis. We will be limiting our class sizes to ensure maximum individualized instruction in a small group/work-station environment.
Learn about the importance of a dynamic warm-up and getting your body ready for competition. The girls will be guided through the same warm-up that the U.S. Women’s National Team does before practices and games, followed up with fun exercises, races and games to help improve body movements that translate to on-ice play. The session will wrap up with recovery, stretching and a mobility/yoga circle.
The girls will also hear from 2022 Winter Olympics Team USA dietitian Carrie Aprik about the importance of constantly staying active, nutrition, hydration and recovery – keys to fueling your body as an elite athlete. Also learn how to develop healthy habits and what those look like.
The purpose of this workshop is to empower leaders of the future by teaching them how to set powerful goals that will bring them closer to their greatest dreams. The girls will be led through an interactive workshop that shows them the importance of chasing their own dreams and how to deal with adversity along the way. They will also have the opportunity to learn, see and hear from some of the very leaders and trailblazers of our sport. “You have to see it to be it.”
Also, hear about Megan’s journey to the Olympic Games: what it takes and what she’s learned… so far, as she shares her story of successes and failures along the way. There will also be a Q&A session held for players and parents, and an opportunity to take pictures with her gold medal from the 2018 Olympics!
We use an online registration platform called ActiveNet. All transactions that take place immediately at registration will be charged a 3.25% non-refundable online processing fee on the portion that is due at registration. After the initial online processing fee, the following fees are incurred on future payments made through a payment schedule.
• Electronic Check Payment (ECP) Schedules: There are no additional fees per transaction that will be incurred by our customers unless a payment is revoked/returned.
• Credit Card Payment Schedules: All transactions will incur a 3.25% non-refundable processing Fee.
RETURNED CHECKS & ELECTRONIC CHECKS (ECP)
Returned checks and electronic checks are also known as revoked payments or NSF (Non-Sufficient Funds) payments will incur a $40.00 Fee.
DISPUTED CREDIT CARD PAYMENTS
Disputed credit card payments incur a non-refundable fee for 3.25% of the disputed amount in addition to any processing fees incurred when processing the payment again.
CANCELLATION POLICY/REFUND POLICY
A processing fee of $35 will be charged on all cancellations if applicable. If your player is injured or unable to participate due to unforeseen circumstances, you remain responsible for your player’s program fees. No refunds will be offered after June 30.
World Championship Experience
Other Career Highlights
our staff brings a wealth of college and international experience at all positions
U.S. Women's National Team
University of Maine
– Goalie coach
– Played NCAA Div. 1 hockey for four seasons at the University of Maine
– All-time save percentage leader at the University of Maine
– Current assistant coach for the U16 & U19 North American Hockey Academy.
– Professional women’s hockey player with the PWHPA.
– Played for the Adrian Bulldogs (2013-17)
– Current coach for the 19U HoneyBaked Hockey Tier 1 Girls
– Previously coached the U16/U19 Junior Hurricanes
Saint Lawrence University
– Played for Saint Lawrence University (2013-17)
– Captained SLU and led Saints blueliners in scoring during her senior season.
– Played for Adrian College (2014-18)
– Named to CCM/ACHA All-America second team in final season
Oakland University/Team USA
– Current sports dietitian for Oakland University Athletics
– Team USA dietitian at the 2018 Winter Olympics in PyeongChang, South Korea